On Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM, units of the San Jose Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire in a home at 160 Fourth Street in downtown San Jose.
While en route, firefighters reported smoke showing from the area and arrived to find fire had likely extended from a trash bin into the attic space of the structure. The exposure on the B-side of the fire building was scorched by the flames and smoke, but otherwise suffered no damage.
Two firefighters received minor injuries and three residents were displaced with Red Cross providing housing assistance.
craig allyn rose photography © 2000 - 2018