Kitchen fire sparks major three-alarm blaze
On Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 5:54 PM, units of the Santa Clara County Fire Department were alerted to reports of an apartment fire located in the Village Green Apartments at 21230 Homestead Road in Cupertino, California.
Responding firefighters reported smoke showing from the area while en route. The first due engine company arrived to find a fully involved second story apartment unit with fire having already begun to spread horizontally to adjoining units. With the fire spreading rapidly a second and third-alarms were struck summoning mutual aid resources from adjoining fire departments.
Preliminary reports indicate the fire may have started with a stovetop fire that extended into the kitchen cabinets and quickly spread into the structure's attic space. Firefighters were hampered in their suppression efforts after a large portion of the structure's roof collapsed forcing firefighters to back out of the building and assume a defensive strategy.
The fire would eventually destroy eight apartment units, damage 16, and lead to dozens of residents being displaced. There were no reports of injuries and the majority of those displaced have found temporary housing with family and friends.Are you a member of the fire service? If you are interested in acquiring photos, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know what you are interested in. It is my privilege to provide photography, at no charge, to the men and women that serve our communities. Thanks for visiting craig allyn rose photography!
craig allyn rose photography © 2000 - 2018