San Jose duplex scarred by garage fire
On Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 11:49 AM, units of the San Jose Fire Department responded to a report of a smoking vehicle inside a garage on the first floor of a two-story duplex at 1036 Oakmont Place.
While en route firefighters were informed that flames were showing from the vehicle in the garage prompting Battalion Chief Robert Sapien to request additional resources to respond. Upon arrival, Chief Sapien confirmed a working garage fire threatening adjacent units and the second floor living area of the involved duplex.
A second-alarm was struck as a precaution, but was quickly cancelled after firefighters from the initial assignment were able to quickly extinguish the blaze and prevent the fire from spreading.
Two cars and other contents in the garage were destroyed or heavily damaged as was a portion of the exterior of the structure. There were no injuries reported.Are you a member of the fire service? If you are interested in acquiring photos, please email me (email@example.com) and let me know what you are interested in. It is my privilege to provide photography, at no charge, to the men and women that serve our communities. Thanks for visiting craig allyn rose photography!
craig allyn rose photography © 2000 - 2017