Cigarette ignites Campbell townhouse fire
On Monday, June 11, 2012, at 7:03 PM, units of the Santa Clara County Fire Department responded to a report of fire in a two story townhouse located at 231 Shelley Avenue in Campbell, California. The first firefighters to arrive on scene were confronted by heavy fire showing from the second floor of the structure.
While crews initiated an interior attack the incident commander struck a second-alarm summoning additional resources to the scene. Firefighters were able to knock down the bulk of the fire within minutes of their arrival, but complete control of the blaze would take well over an hour.
The Campbell fire was the second major incident confronting Santa Clara County firefighters on Monday, with another multi-alarm fire having destroyed a home in Los Gatos just hours earlier. Several firefighters and one police officer suffered heat related illnesses while fighting that fire.Are you a member of the fire service? If you are interested in acquiring photos, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know what you are interested in. It is my privilege to provide photography, at no charge, to the men and women that serve our communities. Thanks for visiting craig allyn rose photography!
craig allyn rose photography © 2000 - 2017