Hazardous material incident sends five to hospitals
At 6:09 a.m. on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 units of the San José Fire Department were dispatched to reports of a hazardous material spill at California Waste Solutions located at 1005 Timothy Drive.
Calls from the business indicated that there had been a release of an unknown type of acid resulting in employee complaints of difficulty breathing and nausea. Initial reports indicated that six people were exposed to the substance and five people were eventually transported to local hospitals for precautionary reasons.
First due Engine 5 and USAR Company 5 immediately evacuated all 32 employees from the facility. San Jose Fire's Hazardous Materials team arrived and declared the spill a TYPE-A incident requiring the maximum level of personal protective equipment. Once a decontamination area was established an entry team made their way into the building and quickly secured the substance.Are you a member of the fire service? If you are interested in acquiring photos, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know what you are interested in. It is my privilege to provide photography, at no charge, to the men and women that serve our communities. Thanks for visiting craig allyn rose photography.
craig allyn rose photography © 2000 - 2017