Gas Explosion and fire destroys San José home
Super Bowl Sunday ended badly for one San José man after he pierced a gas line running to his home resulting in an explosion and fire that gutted his single story residence at 1550 Walnut Grove Avenue at 4:43 p.m. on February 4, 2007.
While attempting to repair a fence the resident drove a stake into the ground rupturing a gas line which led to an explosion seven minutes later. The resident was able to evacuate his family and neighbors before the gas ignited.
Firefighters were able to prevent the gas fed flames from spreading to adjacent structures while Pacific Gas and Electric was forced to excavate a neighbor's driveway to finally stop the flow of gas to the house almost five hours later at 9:47 p.m.Are you a member of the fire service? If you are interested in acquiring photos, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know what you are interested in. It is my privilege to provide photography, at no charge, to the men and women that serve our communities. Thanks for visiting craig allyn rose photography.
craig allyn rose photography © 2000 - 2018